Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let's see,'How did I see Jesus in Guatemala?'

I saw Jesus in the gorgeous creation, the missionaries who dedicated their lives to Christ, the children that had hope even though they grew up in "the dump," the family who fed us for 3 days with such a loving spirit, the pastor who lived what he preached by persevering after the death of his wife and child, and in the unity of all the many believers united to serve the Lord. I saw Him in a prison as a pastor chose to serve the Lord in stead of grow bitter. I saw Jesus working through awesome things in all different ways. And I also saw Him in me. I saw Him help me do things I didn't think I could.

For me Guatemala was an opportunity to see missionaries in action and be able to help and give to them. It was an awesome chance to see how God was working in a country with so many different problems. I'm so glad God brought me there.

Anna Lukachick

No comments: